Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Specter "I'm going to run in the Republican primary and on the Republican ticket"

Only 20 days ago Specter told Newsweek that he would not be switching parties. Hmm today Harry Reid said that this had been in the works for a while now. Conclusion? Specter is a trader and a liar! How much more arrogant and selfish could this man be? He decides he can’t win so rather than stand up for principles and the people who voted for him, his political future holds precedence over all else...


Newsweek: Would you consider running as an independent.

Specter: No.

Newsweek: No? Definitely not?

Specter: I'm a Republican and I'm going to run in the Republican primary and on the Republican ticket.

Newsweek: We talked to Governor Rendell who said that the running joke is that you could easily become a Democrat and if you did, the framework in the state would make things very easy for you.

Specter: I'm not considering it. Rendell said he would help me raise money. He said that publicly a few weeks ago and I responded publicly that if I became a Democrat I wouldn't need to raise money.


You can bet the democrats wanted Specter! His betrayal to the Republican Party would help push the Democrats to 60 votes in the Senate which would be a filibuster proof majority (how scary is that). What back door deal did they make? Is he going to be able to pass legislation with ease, unlimited amount of pork for his state (you know the Dems love to insert pork into a bill), placed on a committee? What was more important than self-respect? I’m not angry that he switched parties, in fact, I could care less. In my opinion he never switched, he remained a Democrat. I’m irritated because there seems to be a pattern among politicians here in DC...they care less about their constituents and more about power. Pathetic!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Specter and Pelosi make a great couple! They both are exceptional liars!

 
template by suckmylolly.com