Friday, April 24, 2009

Shutting Detroit Down Video By John Rich

Maybe our politicians should take a step back, spend a few minutes watching this video, and really pay close attention to the words that are being sung. This song is not only catchy (let me tell you…I’ve been repeating the chorus to myself for a few hours now) but it’s the reality of the times we are living in. Depending on your current financial condition, you may be unaware of the struggle that others are going through. If you have heard the song (which many of you probably have), its written and sung by John Rich who just happens to be a famous country singer (once again, I’m sure that you already knew that but hey...not everyone’s a fan of country). He has been making his rounds on different talk shows, news programs, as well as making a special appearance at the Atlanta, GA tea party with Sean Hannity. His dedication to his country is inspiring and I hope other celebrities take notice. Additionally, I think it’s important to take note of the lyrics as they are bipartisan (I can’t imagine how anyone could say anything bad about this song but take my word for it, they will find something to attack…they always do). It’s not about left or right, it’s about the people that are being affected by this current economic climate and the politicians who don’t understand. It’s about the people that are losing their jobs; it’s about unnecessary spending on the government’s part which consequently will raise taxes on the hardest working people. Let’s face it folks, it would be silly to think that only the "rich" will be responsible for paying back our deficit, which thanks to this current President will be ridiculously high. Despite the fact that there are not enough rich people to pay for all this, personally (as I hope you agree) I am not in favor of punishing the rich for their success, that’s simply not how I was raised. You know, for people that are overly obsessed with “fairness”, how does overtaxing the rich sound fair? It’s neither fair nor logical.

Anyway, I will stop myself before I go any further and just say that I hope you enjoy this video as it is truly touching. I will warn you that it is sad but I think it’s good to publicize the reality of many people’s current situation.

Oh and by the way, I forgot to mention that there is a special celeb appearance in the video!

Enjoy.





0 comments:

 
template by suckmylolly.com