Thursday, April 23, 2009

Calling Miss Cali Carrie Prejean Names | Unclassy

I have to make this a short post but I just have one question...WHERE IS THE OUTRAGE and anger by the left on the treatment of a young lady, a female? I was appalled and insulted by the horrid names "celeb blogger" (yeah okay) Perez Wannabe Hilton called Carrie Prejean (Miss California). Did I miss something? What makes her different than the girl’s basketball team at Rutgers? Don Imus was fired and attacked repeatedly for making a mistake (and I do believe it was a blunder. He is a shock jock and his joke was in bad taste but quite honestly I don’t think he meant any harm). The shock jock went as far as to apologize in person to the girl’s even after he had been fired. Mr. Classless Perez Hilton went on MSNBC to take back his apology and then say that he wanted to call her the "C" word. Why isn’t anyone outraged at the verbal abuse directed towards this girl? Though he is self-employed as a blogger, he makes money off of his website which means he has to sell ad space. Why aren’t people contacting his advertisers and banning the purchase of their products until they stop advertising on his page. Its one thing to apologize for something you said out of anger but another thing to go on a 2-day rant and attack a woman. I will say this because I tend reject political correctness, I do think that a man attacking a woman is worse than women attacking each other (truthfully, I support neither). Don’t like it? Too bad! Sorry that’s just the way it is! Yes… I do think that’s absolutely fair! So get over it and move on!
I dislike Perez Fake Hilton and his nastiness. Personally I feel sorry for him. He must be a miserable person for being so full of rage and to have such a horrible temper! What happened to respecting everyone’s view? Why this question was even asked is beyond me? I encourage asking tough questions to the ladies of The Miss America Pageant but I oppose asking something so controversial that a person’s personal stance would set off a storm. Like I previously stated, I loathe political correctness but I don’t think that The Miss. America pageant is the place to brew controversy. The judge, Mr. Perez Hilton asked Carrie Prejean for her opinion, she gave it, he disliked her view so he immediately starting bashing her and verbally abusing her! I’ll be the first to admit that her answer wasn’t that articulate but imagine being asked the same question knowing that this judge is obviously in favor of gay marriage yet you are not. I’m sure she was not only nervous but pausing to make sure that she did not offend him in any way and I don’t think that she did. I consider her response courteous and thought she did well as she struggled to find a balance between her position and those whom she knew did not agree with her.
Here’s the thing, if you are asking a question and you are a judge, if you think that there may be a 50% chance that you may dislike the answer or get so hurt where you disregard your duties as a judge and start acting like an ass, then DONT ASK THAT QUESTION. Why is he judging Miss America anyways? Someone who lacks manners and has no class does not represent the best of America. There are so many qualified people out there that would make us proud. Where was Matt Lauer’s outrage when Perez attacked Carrie Prejean on “The Today Show”, I mean he didn’t even feel the need to distance himself from the comments. What about the lady on MSNBC? I don’t know her name and I really don’t care to find out but she stood there and continued the interview him as if it were nothing that a man had just called a woman (on national TV no less) the “C” word (as a lady, I refuse to say such a repulsive word). If you don’t say anything, you don’t look shocked, you continue on as if he’s right then I have every reason to assume that you agree with his foul statement.
Lastly, WHY ARE THEY INTERVIEWING HIM? They are just handing him a platform for him to spew his intolerant rant? Where are the women’s groups defending this young lady…KNOCK KNOCK, is anyone there? She is a female…ring a bell? Feminism? Yeah, wait, I forgot! They only defend you if you agree with their views. Darn, I thought this was a free country but I must be wrong. Isn’t this the group that’s supposed to be tolerant and compassionate?
Oh and by the way, President Obama and Secretary of State Hillary Clinton both agree with Carrie Prejean. Almost forgot to add that her state of California and in fact most of America also agree with her. So when Perez states that she was offending a large percentage of people, she was also sticking up for a larger number of people. Nevertheless, we mustn’t be sidetracked about the initial point! Whatever her answer on the matter, it was her opinion and last I checked, in the United States of America, we are to respect everyone’s opinion! We may not like it but we can respectfully agree to disagree!
That’s all! The end.
(Actually I just fibbed; I will write more about this later)

0 comments:

 
template by suckmylolly.com