Monday, April 27, 2009

Carrie Prejean Receives Standing Ovation

Miss Cali, Carrie Prejean received a standing ovation from the audience at the Dove Awards. (which was nice to see after all the attacks on her by different judges of the Miss USA pageant)
Like I said in my
previous post, it must really suck to be Miss USA this year! I still don't know her name and have yet to see her as a guest on any show. In the meantime, Carrie Prejean is soaking up her 15 min! Can you blame her? No...But it’s getting old. I wrote a whole post about how disgusted I was by Trash Blogger Perez Hilton but I do think her response to the question was a tad bit inarticulate. I mean, who says “no offense” when they are speaking formerly. You could use those two words differently and it would be fine but her sentence reminded me of a high school conversation… (Example: I don’t like your outfit, no offense!) I also believe she could have provided greater clarity on the subject and her beliefs. (though, I don’t think the judges would have scored her impartially no matter what she said)
Lastly, what is opposite marriage? To be fair, imagine being asked a specific question by a judge who openly supports something you’re about to say you’re against. I would stumble too.
Anyway, I support everyone’s right to an opinion and I have great respect for her. I think it took a lot of guts to stand up for yourself knowing that you would forfeit your chance at winning the prize. A lot of people would give a generic answer...we call those people politicians!
Okay I’m done, I am over this subject! It’s annoying me!

0 comments:

 
template by suckmylolly.com